onsdag 23 november 2011

The castle in France

When I was seven years old, me and my family went to a castle in France. It was a big castle, much bigger than it looked from the outside, and I lost my family in the long corridors. I opened the door to a room, and on the door there was a sign with the number 13 on. It was cold cause the walls were made of stone. I could hear voices on the other side of a wall and I fought that it was other tourists. I ran across the room that I was in, and tried to open the door but it was locked.
I had been lost for a long time so I sat down in a corner and hoped that someone would find me. A spider was climbing up the wall, and it smelt soil.

The time was going, maybe I sat down there for one hour, or so it felt, and suddenly the door that had been locked before, swung up. I came up on feet and moved slowly across the room. My cold hands grabbed the golden doorknob. The sound of my footsteps bounced againts the walls and made a scary echoed in the room. My heart was pounding. I looked around the room, but it was empty, no people, no tourists, no family!

I turned around and wanted to walk back to the corner in the other room but the door between the rooms was closed. I pulled and pulled but it was locked. It was hopeless, no one could find me and I started to cry. Then I heard voices on the other side of the door again.
- Hello! I’m in here! Hello? I screamed.
No one answered me but I could still hear someone talk. Then the voice came closer and I could hear that it was a little girl.
- You have to stay now, it is too late.

She whispered into my ear, and I started to run inside the room to get rid of the voice. But the girl continued whispering thing to me. I pulled the door, and now it was opened. I ran across the first room and out in the long corridor. I turned right but the voice just got louder and louder.

Suddenly it was quiet. The tears were running down my cheek and I turned around and knew that it was a ghost that I saw. She was coming towards me, she was flying over the floor. She wore a white dress that was blood-stained. I screamed and ran back, I passed the room 13 and I ran down the stairs.

I stopped first when I was in the garden of the castle. I found my family and they were happy to see me again. They asked where I had been, but I never told them what I saw or heard.

1 kommentar:

  1. A very scary story, well told. When you choose to write in the "I" -perspective it feels more real.

    In Unikum you find more comments.

    SvaraRadera