söndag 9 februari 2014

Broken Soup week 5: Creative connector

I have chosen to talk about he scene in the elevator in the hospital. When Ro is on her way home from a visit to her mother she gets contact with a family with a mother and two teenagers.  They all look devastated with the dead is painted in their eyes and the sadness coloured in their posture. In some way they manages to respond Ro with a smile. In the book the following line gives me a connection to my own life "I smiled back and I thought how incredible that was, that they would find the time to smile. There was goodness in the world still, even if you couldn’t always see it."

The same thought has run through my head when I’ve been at the bus heading somewhere. Every one on the bus is stressed out and tired without any time for a decent chat, but a smile can do so much. I remember one ride when a women sat down in front of me. She was to tired to know where she was looking but in some sort of way her eyes alway glided back at me, even though she only stared into the emptiness. When she released she had been looking inappropriately long at a 15 years younger girl she giggled and so did I. This, because she found the time to smile in the middle of the stress. The darkness haven't got the hand over the goodness in people.

My connection between Broken soup and my own life is that you sometimes find someone who have experience the same thing as you. You understand each other and therefor you create a special bond. Solidarity, symphaty and fellowship bring us closer together in the most unexpected situation where you think things as those couldn’t exist. There is goodness in the world, even if you can’t always see it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar